Thursday, December 27, 2012

Winter vacation

I am officially on winter vacation!  Yeah!  There was so much I needed to do and just didn't have time to do it and now I've got the time!

  • I need to clean house.  The Japanese custom is to do "spring" cleaning at the end of the year.  I should make some effort to be Japanese but it is so dang cold that I'm thinking of staying in the warm living room and knitting.  (Not that I have anything special that needs to be knitted... Winter is just very conducive to knitting.)
  • I need to go upstairs and machine quilt.  That is a must for today!!!  
  • I need to write New Year's cards.  They were supposed to be sent by the 25 if we wanted them to be delivered by January 1st but Tetsu believes that December 31 is still permitted for New Year's cards.
  • I need to (WANT TO) read blogs.  I haven't just sat at this computer and visited for weeks.
  • I need to get back to the Bible study that I have with my friend Kaoru-san.  We have been having digital Bible studies but she has been traveling and I have been Christmas busy.  We need to get back to that.
  • I want to sit back and read the photography book I bought for myself for Christmas.  
  • I need to put on the binding on my Promises and Borders quilt.  (That's been hand quilted.  Completely stitch in the ditch...  Not too exciting but I didn't think border designs and motifs would show up.)
Okay, time to get off my duff and DO something!!!  Think I can cross some stuff of my To-Do list today?  Or at least make some progress.

"Continue to do those things; 
give your life to doing them so your progress may be seen by everyone."
1 Timothy 4:15 
 

No comments: