Monday, April 26, 2010

Button hole applique

I've started another small quilt. Another friend lost her canine family member and I want to make a quilt for her but maybe not so "memorial" looking. Maybe a fun type of quilt...

So I started combing my children's book collection for cute dog pictures and I tried my hand at drawing doggie cartoons. I'm not much of an artist so I crumpled up a lot of scratch paper. But in the end, I came up with an idea and Saturday the sewing began.

First background. I've got all those strings in a bin so I sewed those together first. A lot of blue. Some streaks of yellow. A little brown at the bottom.

Then I started appliqueing a tree trunk and leaves. My last tree for the Mini-Round Robin worked out so well that I've been sort of proud of myself. But because this is a "fun" quilt and will be juvenile looking, I opted for button hole applique rather than needle turn and as of this morning my tree has been applied. I hope I can get to the dog part of all this tonight.

I'm having fun!

No comments: