Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scissors

Yesterday I was very happy to have a little old woman ring my doorbell wanting to know if I need any knives or scissors sharpened. She and her husband were opening up shop out of their van at the neighborhood park for the day.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do! And I grabbed three of my scissors that were having trouble cutting through fabric and asked her to have her husband sharpen them.

The little old man brought my scissors back to me a couple hours later after working on them. He apologized for being slow saying that he had gotten a lot of work done that day. His services included repairing shoes and umbrellas and sharpening things and he makes regular visits to the neighborhood. (Like once a year or so...)

I probably could have thought of more things that needed sharpening but he just suddenly appears...

And I thought it interesting that at the mention of "sharpen" I grab my scissors. My kitchen knives are in just as bad shape but I didn't give a thought to having those sharpened. Scissors and sewing take priority in my mind over knives and cooking!

No comments: