Thursday, January 20, 2011

Junk, trash, garbage and crumbs

I'm in a "throwing away" mood. Do you ever get that way? I probably should have these moods more frequently and then I wouldn't accumulate so much junk but usually I go along collecting and once in a blue moon I decide I can live without all this stuff. If I need it again I'm not so poor as I can't go buy it again and so things are getting tossed. Old CDs, old sweaters and mufflers, a couple old stuffed animals, lots of empty notebooks, unused English material, hand-me-down dishware. While I toss I occasionally feel guilty, but once a year or so all this stuff just makes me feel constipated!

Right now all of the junk is still in wastepaper baskets so I hope my will holds through tomorrow when the garbage goes out. (Sometimes I rethink and drag stuff back out of the wastepaper baskets.) And yes, I did do a little trashing in my sewing room too... A little. Bent and dull needles, one pin cushion that had rusted pins in it...some of the crumbs (and I really mean crumbs! 1/2 inch triangles?) in the overflowing crumb basket.

"Why are you saving those when you have drawers of fabric, Tanya!"

Unfortunately even with a toss-a-thon there isn't a big difference in how my house looks... I can still look at drawers and shelves and see stuff I haven't used in years... but can't throw out...

Oh, and I DO NOT throw out anything of Tetsu's. Years ago I learned the hard way that he does not appreciate my judgement on the necessity of his things. So if you come to my house and see a lot of junk, please assume it belongs to my better half...

(But it's true the the wastepaper basket in my sewing room is the least filled in the house...)

No comments: