Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hiromi's artwork

Look at this lovely card that one of my former students sent me.

Hiromi-chan is in college now and lives in another prefecture so I don't get to see her on a weekly basis like I have for years but she keeps in touch and I see her mother often. (Last week Hiromi's mother and other friends took me out to lunch.) I think Hiromi must have heard about my 30 year Japanese anniversary through her mother and she made this very special card for me. Look at the detail that she has put into this! Everything is so intricate and cut out so perfectly. Maybe you can see the little girl lovingly holding a clock and then all the clock gears scattered around the card. So lovely! Hiromi-chan always uses very soft colors and draws in pencil so it is a little hard to catch on camera but I treasure her art work especially now when she is far away and so involved in studies and a new life.

Thank you so much Hiromi! Hope to see you again this New Year's!

4 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

what a stunning card. A real treasure to keep through the next 30 years ;-)

CONNIE W said...

I clicked on the photo to enlarge and could see the sweet face on the girl. Hiromi-chan is very artistic.

anne bebbington said...

Such a pretty card - worth putting in a frame I think

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely card... Some people are really gifted with the art of details... (I am not.)