Saturday, February 28, 2009

Morning light

This is not a very flattering picture of me but flattering pictures are few and far between these days. Oh well. This is what I look like at 6:15 in the morning with my only concession to the new day being my contact lenses. Besides that I've got on pajamas and long underwear under my down jacket and ski pants. In the winter even the farmers aren't out at 6:15 so there's no one to see sleepy me. Choco doesn't seem to care how I look and I guess Tetsu doesn't either.


But this is worth looking at! I took the camera with me when we went for a walk this morning. The scenery stays the same but the sky is always different. I love the beauty of the world I live in and even though I may wake up grumpy in the morning, a walk in these surroundings puts me in a good mood! Nancy reminded me of the lovely hymn, Morning Has Broken.

Mine is the sunlight! Mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play!
Praise with elation. Praise every morning,
God's recreation Of the new day!



3 comments:

Del said...

Beautiful pictures, Beautiful hymn. Your blog gives me joy.

Thanks, Kathie

Katie said...

Lovely. Thank you for sharing!

Sonnja said...

Beautiful photos!
Pleas lokk and yoou see Beertje Zonn is in India
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn