Friday, February 13, 2009

Organization

On my walk yesterday with Choco I came across a lot where the owner had been cutting down a couple of his trees. I was impressed by his organizational skills.

Tree trunks. I don't know why the red marks are there.


Large limbs of trees. More red marks.



Smaller branches, bound tightly and resting on a hand made branch raft.



Twigs again bound up and on another raft.



And then LEAVES!!! These were all layered nicely, I have no idea how, and then wrapped in straw bundles and tied with rope. They must be tied so tightly in there and packed down that they don't fall out from their bundles.



I've got to go organize my sewing room now.

5 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Perhaps this highly organised person could come in and sort out my sewing room too :o)

Tracey in CT said...

Wow. Someone is way more organized than I am! I can't imagine how he got the leaves bundled up, that seems pretty amazing! As to the red marks, the only thing that I can think of is that maybe he is marking the logs so that he knows when he cut them and will therefore know which wood is seasoned and good to burn.

The Calico Quilter said...

If I bundled the raked leaves like that in the fall, the city Public Works folks who pick them up would like me much more! We rake them into piles and pray that there are no strong winds until the vacuum truck comes to get them.

Lynne in HI said...

Amazing!

The Calico Cat said...

WOW (I am busy catching up & did not want to sent 100 comments... But I had to stop when I saw the leaves!)