Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Create in me...


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...
And God created man in His own image,
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them.
And God blessed them and said to them, "
Be fruitful and multiply..."
Genesis 1:1, 27-28


When I read this in the Bible and I think of how God the Creator of all, made man in His own image, I think that God is telling us not only to go out and fill the world with more people but to also be fruitful, create and multiply our creations...

I like making things but I think most people do. I think that making and creating is something that sets us apart from God's wonderfully made and loved animal world. Humans are called to create. Imagining something, planning the process to arrive at something tangible, spending the time and the effort to produce something, breathing life and soul into that something, that is all part of creation.

I don't mean that artists are the only ones who create. Artists create pictures or sculptures or photographs. Musicians produce music. Businessmen create empires. Politicians create societies. Parents procreate and create future adults. Teachers create future citizens. Housewives create havens of peace for their families. Truck drivers create byways of commerce. Doctors create hope for the hurting. Babies create mud pies and messes and learn quickly how to create smiles in others! And even the elderly create dreams, prayers and the occasional jigsaw puzzle. Writers create worlds with their words and we bloggers create journals of our family history, information and thoughts. We also create friendships!

And quilters create blankets of comfort, sandwiches of love and kaleidoscopes of joy.

With all this creating going on you'd think the world would be a cluttered chaotic place but God also provided a provision so that more can always be created.

"Pay close attention now:
I'm creating new heavens and a new earth.
All the earlier troubles, chaos, and pain are things of the past,
to be forgotten.
Look ahead with joy.
Anticipate what I'm creating..."
Isaiah 65:17-18
(the Message Bible)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we don't know what Gods image is in man. I think we need to know who He is before we know how to perceive His nature in us let alone portray His mind in us accuratley , or even understand His image in us correctley. I don't think man has the ability yet to know how He is in us , within us to be an accurate image. I think man has made his own version of Gods image and who He might be.1 Corinthians 2:16 does anyone Truly know what this means ?
or to have Christ in you Colossians 1:27????????do you really understand this ? I dont think anyone does in the whole world yet.

sewprimitive karen said...

What a lovely post. Made me feel better during a rather difficult past several days. You make me think, hey, take a breath !